“Giftedness is not what you do or how hard you work. It is who you are. You think differently. You experience life intensely. You care about injustice. You seek meaning. You appreciate and strive for the exquisite. You are painfully sensitive. You are extremely complex. You cherish integrity. Your truth-telling has gotten you in trouble. Should 98% of the population find you odd, seek the company of those who love you just the way you are. You are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. You are utterly fascinating. Trust yourself!”

Linda Silverman~Gifted Development Center Denver


Friday 1 March 2013

A few of my favourite things...


Today was lovely for me.  I am finally feeling better and I received some lovely things today.  The first was a gift which really surprised me.  My student teacher has been using a fantastic Swarovski pen during her placement.  I have been teasing her that if she couldn't find it at the end of her teaching block, that it would NOT be in my purse!  Today, on her final day, she gave me my OWN pen.  I love it. I was totally speechless!  It takes a lot to leave me without words!  Her pen is filled with white Swarovski crystals and mine is filled with black ones!  I will have to take really good care of this beautiful writing implement!
Do you know Stella & Dot?  Last year my principal asked a local Stella & Dot stylist (her name is Trish Mann and if you live in Toronto…she is the BEST!) to come to our school and host a trunk show.  I fell in LOVE with the stylish, affordable jewellery.  I bought a gorgeous Medina bib necklace and the Adrienne lariat necklace.  I have enjoyed wearing these pieces with a wide variety of clothing over the past year.  The Adrienne necklace can even be worn as a bracelet!


For Christmas I decided to by classroom volunteer something special.  My fabulous stylist Trish suggested the Panther necklace.  I love it, and so did my volunteer!  It has a hematite plated brass finish on it.  It is fun to wear with both casual and dressy looks.  I think I might have to buy myself one too!
Stella & Dot have such great merchandise and because I had won some "style credits" with a previous purchase, I was able to purchase more great jewellery.  Trish dropped my order off at my school today!  Talk about customer service!   I know all you teachers are going to love the "Apple of My Eye" necklace.   



I have been wanting a rosary bead style necklaces for ages so I also ordered the Gitane Tassel necklace. It can be worn long or doubled.  You can also remove the tassel.  It will be a perfect layering piece. I can't wait to wear it!  


As one of the specials that Stella and Dot sometimes run, I was able to order the adorable laurel leaf studs below for only an extra $5 when I put in my order for the necklaces. I think they will be great everyday earrings to wear to school.  

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend!
Stella and Dot, is a San Francisco based social selling company that creates flexible entrepreneurial opportunities for women. The boutique-style jewelry and accessories line is available exclusively through in-home Trunk Shows by Independent Stylists and online. Their one of a kind collections are designed by celebrated New York designers and featured in Gossip Girl, In Style and Lucky Magazine as well as on the wrists and necklines of today's hottest celebrities. The Today Show, Wall Street Journal and The New York Times have praised Stella & Dot for their innovative social shopping concept which brings together the best of e-commerce, social media, personal service and passionate earning to create the ultimate home based business for today's modern woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment