“Giftedness is not what you do or how hard you work. It is who you are. You think differently. You experience life intensely. You care about injustice. You seek meaning. You appreciate and strive for the exquisite. You are painfully sensitive. You are extremely complex. You cherish integrity. Your truth-telling has gotten you in trouble. Should 98% of the population find you odd, seek the company of those who love you just the way you are. You are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. You are utterly fascinating. Trust yourself!”

Linda Silverman~Gifted Development Center Denver


Tuesday 2 April 2013

Currently April...and a FREEBIE!



It's that time again....to link up with Farley at O'Boy 4th Grade..



Listening:  I gave my daughter a HUGE bunny for Easter.  I looked for over a month to find just the right "stuffy".  She has carried it everywhere with her (even in the car to get coffee) since she found it yesterday morning.  Cute isn't it?  She's thirteen!  That makes it even cuter to me:)

Loving:  The four day weekend.  Teachers here got Good Friday off and we get Easter Monday off too.  I managed to mark 28 novel studies (4 chapters X 6 questions + 4 writing activities + 2 integrated art activities + media literacy activities = what the heck was I thinking?).  I also cooked a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and hung out with my family.  Did my own manicure and took my daughter for a facial.  Today we are going to the mall.  Also, now I have a four day week when I go back! LOVING IT!

Thinking:  I have been putting off doing my taxes for over a month.  I have NO excuse...I don't even owe money.  I could really use my refund.  Maybe I'll start it tomorrow:)

Wanting: I have been blogging for almost a year now.  I would LOVE to reach 200 followers by my blogoversary on April 29th. I don't know why that number means so much to me...but it does.

Needing:  It's funny, I want a lot of things, but really when I think about my life, I don't really need anything. I have everything I need.  I am blessed in many ways, and I guess I need to remind myself of that everyday.

Advice:  My very first principal (the lovely Doreen Hall) told me "You could work 24 hours a day and still have 10% of your work left undone...so get over it now and let it go."  I think nowadays the amount left undone would be a LOT more than 10%, but the sentiment is still the same, "you can't do it ALL".  I choose to focus on what I can do well and the rest of it, I have to let it go.

And now for the FREEBIE...I know you are waiting...
It's testing time all over blogland so I have created a colourful test taking tips poster for you to print and share with your students!  Hope you like it!  

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD FROM MY TEACHERNOTEBOOK STORE.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment