“Giftedness is not what you do or how hard you work. It is who you are. You think differently. You experience life intensely. You care about injustice. You seek meaning. You appreciate and strive for the exquisite. You are painfully sensitive. You are extremely complex. You cherish integrity. Your truth-telling has gotten you in trouble. Should 98% of the population find you odd, seek the company of those who love you just the way you are. You are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. You are utterly fascinating. Trust yourself!”

Linda Silverman~Gifted Development Center Denver


Monday 24 July 2017

Work Habits and Learning Skills Posters

Work Habits and Learning Skills Posters

Just a quick FREEBIE for my readers! Someone online was asking about POSTERS for the WORK HABITS AND LEARNING SKILLS outlined in the Ontario Curriculum and Growing Success documents.  I did a quick search and couldn't find anything that I liked, so I whipped these up. Another teacher thanked me, but said she likes to make her posters based on what she discusses with her class at the beginning of the year. Of course!  This IS best practice, and something that I could do easily myself as I had created the posters on my computer. I realized others teachers would NOT be able to edit and modify the ones I created, so I made another EDITABLE set.  
Grab the set you feel you can use in your classroom, and please don't forget to leave me some feedback! 

EDITABLE Work Habits and Learning Skills Posters


I plan to use these posters along side the weekly self-assessments my students complete.  I created a template, which I change up over the course of the year by modifying the questions the students reflect upon at the bottom of the page.  Parents like seeing these self-assessments, as well as the goals student set, so they go home stapled in planners once a week.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these wonderful posters. It's always great to get free resources from Ontario teachers!

    ReplyDelete